Coronavirus COVID-19 Update – 18th April 2020

Following recent updates from the government regarding the ongoing global pandemic we have taken the very difficult decision to postpone the Chillswim Ullswater event planned for Sunday 19th July until a new date on Saturday 12th September 2020.

All entrants will automatically be transferred to the new 12th September date, but if this date is not suitable you will be able to request one of the options below;

  1. Transfer to the Chillswim Ullswater Event planned for 2021 (provisional date 18th July 2021)
  2. Transfer to any other events/guided swims that we organise in 2020 or 2021 and receive the remainder of your entry fee as a credit note or as part payment towards a guided swim

We will release further info in due course regarding how to select the options above but in summary the default option for all Chillswim Ullswater entrants will be to transfer to the new date of Saturday 12th September and if this is not suitable swimmers can request either option 1 or 2 – please be patient with us as we confirm the 2021 dates to allow us to transfer everyone to their preferred event, we will be in touch with Chillswim Ullswater entrants directly via email with further details.

Chillswim Coniston currently remains unaffected and is still scheduled for Sat 5th September 2020 which is 20 weeks away at the time of writing – we understand many swimmers are unable to train and we will of course continue to review the availability of swim training as more information becomes available.

Due to the lower numbers involved all Chillswim Guided Swims currently remain unaffected but we will offer deferrals for those wishing to move dates (please contact us via email to request this).

We have been working very hard to reschedule Chillswim Ullswater and whilst we recognise the new date is only 1 week after Chillswim Coniston it was the only option that we could fit in around other events in our calendar and the availability of venues and the various suppliers and contractors availability – it will not be possible to amend the rescheduled 2020 date and we of course recognise that all 2020 events may have to be transferred to 2021 at a later date as the current situation develops further.

We are unable to issue refunds due to expenses which have already been committed to for each event but we will ensure that you are able to participate in an event of your choice in 2020 or 2021.

We understand these are difficult times for everyone and we very much appreciate your support at this time.

Regards and stay safe

Chillswim